A bit boring, I know!
Trust me, I don't claim to be all that interesting. But I've been genuinely interested when a few other small business owners have done similar posts recently, so I thought "what the heck!".
And what better time then now, when My Bargains has just reached 10,000 followers on Instagram!! A target I've been striving towards for the 3 years I've been in business.
If you get a chance, head over to the "About Us" page for a bit about how My Bargains Boutique came about. But for now, here's a quick (or maybe not so quick) 5 facts about little old me;
1. I am a Mum of 2 crazy cute boys ages 8 years and 16 months. Yes, that's a big gap and yes, they have the same Father. I was secretly about a month pregnant when we were married in Thailand in 2009. After a really traumatic labour, we had our perfect baby boy, Arnhem and we quickly decided that he completed our little family. But when he came home from school one day, 7 years later and asked why he didn't have a brother or sister like his friends did, that decision went right out the window. 2017 and cue our newest little love, Abel. And now we're DEFINITELY done!!
2. I have OCD. Not just that I like to be tidy and people joke "Oh, she has OCD! Haha!", but I'm pretty sure if I was to seek help for it, I would be diagnosed with an actual severe case of OCD. At home and in my office everything needs to be in it's correct place or I simply can not work. The radio or TV volume needs to be on an even number or I truely believe that something bad will happen. I take biting my nails to a whole new level, to the point where even the skin and cuticles aren't safe. And that's just a few things off the top of my head. Not normal, right!?
3. Probably following on from that point, all of our names start with the letter A...Amanda, Andrew, Arnhem and Abel. (Yep, definite OCD!)
4. I worked in Politics for almost 12 years. After school I took an admin job in the Sydney CBD at the head office of Australia's biggest political Party and rode that crazy rollercoaster until after I was pregnant with my second son. I can't think of anything further from my life and work now!
5. I'm addicted to chocolate. I know a lot of people say that but I can not physically go even half a day without it. It's a real addiction! Cadbury always, no other brand will do. And Boost is my go-to at the moment. I buy about 12 of them every week. So if they ever go out of business they can never say that I didn't do my fair share to help!
So there you have it, 5 fun facts that you now know about me. I'd love to hear what you think or if you have anything similar going on in your life. Please comment or even email me, I'd love hear from you!